Wednesday 8 February 2012

The Colour Purple

Evenin' everybody,
 Hope you are all doing well despite the subzero temperatures!
So in todays post I will be talking you through how to do a very bold purple eye.  In my previous colour theory post I did 6 different eye looks and asked you to vote for your favourite.  The winner was this little purple number:
But as I mention (very inarticulately) in the tutorial, I feel this is a great editorial look but not something that would translate so well for day to day use so I tailored it a little to make it more wearable for a night out and easier for you to recreate at home :)
Start by creating the perfect base
....now you're good to go:
Products used in the video:
Eyes: Mac Parfait Amour eyeshadow on inner corner of the eye (Pointed tip of dampened sponge tip applicator from Boots), Clarins Vibrant Violet eyeshadow on remaining area of mobile lid (Round end of dampened sponge tip applicator from Boots), Take Mac 224 Blending brush and blend the line where the two eyeshadows meet, Kiko 41 eyeshadow in "V" of the eye (small synthetic brush), Take Mac 224 Blending brush over the outer corner of the eye to soften any harsh lines and take brush into the middle of the socket line to add definition,  Apply Clarins Vibrant Violet eyeshadow under the lower lashline (Chanel 24 brush), Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner in Black to line upper inner eyeline, White Khôl pencil to line lower inner eyeline, with Chanel Ligne Extrême liquid eyeliner 31 Onyx Noir draw a very thin (tight) line as close to the lashline as possible to define lashes, Eylure 107 lashes, YSL False Lash Effect mascara in Noir, To finish take Mac 224 brush over top of eyeshadow line to soften and blend.
Lips: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 54 Boy (using lipbrush)
Cheeks: YSL Blush Variation 2 on the apple of the cheek (Chanel 4 Blusher brush)

Purple is one of my favourite colours to use in make up so i'm sure I will use it in another tutorial again.

Still to come this week I will be posting about my snowy Sunday with my beautiful Irish lover <3
...just to tease you

Enjoy the rest of your week my Angels and WRAP UP WARM :)

Peace and Love

Alessia

xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice Purple Eye x

    http://naniiyalondon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naniiya :) it's my favorite colour in make up! <3 xxx

      Delete